Questions for your Potential Hawaii Real Estate Agent
Questions to ask, when you’re ready to find a Hawaii REALTOR ®
Here are some suggestions for you to ask your real estate agent:
- Does the agent have a college degree or graduate degree?
- How many transactions has she done? Real estate is very complex, you don’t want a rookie do you?
- How long has she been licensed, and how much total business has she done?
- Does the agent work full-time at real estate sales?
- Can she provide past client references?
- What will she do to market and sell your home?
- Can she offer suggestions or recommendations how to get prequalifed, pre approved, or improve your FICO score?
- Does she understand how financing affects your purchasing power?
- If you are selling, Can she offer advice how to maximize your equity?
- Ask, does she know who might be potential buyers, and how might she get those targeted buyers to see your home?
- Does she advertise properties on the internet, other than post your home online with the MLS?
- Who will take the pictures of your home? Will there be a professional photographer? Who pays for this expense?
- Will there be a staging appointment and will it be an extra cost?
- How well does she know the market or the area? How about your neighborhood?
- How will she handle a contract dispute?
- How will you get in contact? Will she be available anytime? Will she answer his cell phone whenever you call? Can she use your preferred contact method?
- What is the fee for real estate services? NOTE: You may not want to focus on the agent with the lowest commissions, however. You might want to focus on your net proceeds or costs. You may want to work with someone who can advise you appropriately. You might decide you do not want to reduce commissions to buyer’s agents nor your own representative.
- If you don’t have much time to prepare your home for sale, ask how can the agent help you?
I recommend that your search for a real estate agent be carefully conducted as your Agent could enhance or ruin the entire experience and even the sale. I have seen a number of homes that didn’t sell because of the REALTOR ®.
When it’s time to find a Honolulu real estate agent, you should realize that this decision will impact you for a long time.
Like what you hear? I would love to be your agent! Contact me today for a consultation.